October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, so feel your boobies! It is the most important thing a woman can do to maintain a healthy life.
In The Shower
1. Place one hand behind your head.
2. Use the finger pads of your three middle fingers to move your hand over entire breast area.
3. use right hand for left breast, left hand for right.
4. You can use any of the three patterns below to examine your breasts. Use the technique your healthcare professional recommends at your clinical breast exam. Do it the same way each time.
Before a Mirror
With your hands firmly pressing down on your hips, check for changes in the shape, size, or skin texture of your breasts. Then raise your arms overhead and check again. Check nipples for any unusual discharge.
1. To examine your right breast, place a pillow under your right shoulder and your right hand behind your head.
2. Follow the same technique as in the shower. With the finger pads of your left hand, examine your right breast up and down circle. Check for lumps, knots, or thickenings.
3. After examining your entire breast, lower your right arm slightly and use your left hand to feel your right underarm. Then switch the pillow to your left shoulder, put your left arm behind your head, and repeat steps with right hand on left breast and underarm.
Source: Resurrection Health Care